ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE PROGRAM
The program is a comprehensive discipline of technical measures, management, and design, technology development… these are armed to minimize the harmful effects of socio-economic development activities on the environment and natural resources. Students are trained with knowledge of water and wastewater treatment, solid waste treatment, air dispersion control, ecological baseline survey, biodiversity conservation, natural resource management, environmental law and policies, cleaner production, and environmental management. Students have many choices to practice in laboratories, production enterprises, and field sites; participate in the implementation of researches and projects with professors and businesses. Additionally, there are many academic activities which help students to improve their knowledge and skills. Students have golden chances to take part in the international exchange students; learn and discuss with foreign students. These activities help students to improve their knowledge, foreign language, and professional skills. The curriculum of Environmental Science program is referenced from the curriculum framework of University of Florida, USA.
The program objectives
- Training both theoretical and practical knowledge, independent working skills, and creative thinking to be able to integrate and develop in the high-quality labor market in Vietnam and the World also.
- Training research skills, scientific behaviors, research ideas, and critical thinking in the field of natural resource management and environmental protection.
- Training the learning attitude, self-studying, professional behavior, and creative thinking to work in multinational cooperation and the process of international integration.
- Informatics: MOS certificate (750 points); proficient in applied informatics; effective application in the software of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, GIS.
- English: IELTS 5.0 or equivalent international English certificates.
- Professional knowledge and skills: Analyze the environmental basic variables; write the environmental impact assessment report; make the environmental plan profile; evaluate and interpreter the scientific data, design the environmental treatment systems, and manage the environmental project.
Students with passion, research capacity, and good professional knowledge are introduced to participate in short-term and long-term advanced training programs and projects at prestigious training institutions abroad. This is aimed to increase the good chances of developing yourself and future career.
The graduate can take some positions such as:
- Engineers on the design of water and wastewater treatment systems; control of solid and hazardous waste; control of air dispersion and environmental pollution.
- Specialists on environmental project management; environmental impact assessment; environmental risk assessment; ecological baseline survey.
- Engineers on environmental health management in enterprises; specialists on environmental protection agencies.
- Researchers in domestic and foreign institutions of the environment and natural resources.